Frequently Asked Questions
Executive Health FAQ:
1. How long does an Executive Physical typically take?
The Elitra exam typically takes five to six hours. Appointments start as early as 6:30AM.
2. What are the benefits of an executive physical over the annual exam provided by my doctor?
Most doctors are bound by how the insurance world defines an annual exam. By nature, these physical exams are reactive, meaning they take a wait and see approach only offering treatment once something becomes an issue. The tests they offer are very basic, often outdated, and generic that are meant to just ‘check the box’ on your current state of health. You also typically spend more time in crowded, unappealing waiting rooms than you do spending actual time with your doctor.
An executive physical is a preventive exam that focuses on planning your longevity. Comprehensive testing that is tailored to your specific situation is performed by world-class preventive health experts. Their focus is on early detection and wellness planning to ensure potential issues are treated before they impact your health. At Elitra, you spend hours of one-on-one time with medical experts that review your results the same day. We also provide coordination of care meaning preferred and expedited access to follow ups, when necessary, through our network and alliances. All this takes place in a single day at our 7-star spa-like location with no referrals. Find out even more about the Elitra Difference.
Read what others love about the Elitra Exam.
3. Do I need to coordinate with or notify my health plan?
Elitra Health is an out of network benefit that is not covered by traditional health plans. Payment can be made via FSA or HSA plans. We also accept the Armada plan.
4. What tests / services are included in my executive physical?
An executive physical includes a comprehensive array of tests and scans utilizing state-of-the-art equipment administered by leading preventive health experts. The focus of an executive exam is preventive medicine and features personalized longevity planning by a physician dedicated to your wellness. Elitra Health offers world class services including imaging, cardio-pulmonary evaluation, nutritional and fitness analysis, blood and lab testing, cancer screening, genetic testing, women’s / men’s health, vaccines, and sleep assessments.
Review our exam packages for a complete listing of services.
5. Why Elitra Health?
With 30+ years of experience and many Fortune 100 and individual clients, Elitra Health is the premier provider of comprehensive executive exams in the United States. Our exams rival the top executive hospital programs across the United States and our service, follow up care, and luxury facility are second to none.
6. Where does the Executive Physical occur?
Elitra Health’s signature facility is located at 255 Greenwich Street Suite #520, New York, NY 10007. The facility is a state of the art 15,000 square ft medical center which includes all screening, testing, imaging, labs, and physician consultations, completed in a single location, during a single appointment.
7. What should I expect when I arrive?
Review our executive physical experience page for an overview of a typical exam day. You will receive a personalized summary of what to expect and how to prepare once your appointment is scheduled.
8. How do I schedule an appointment?
9. Who should arrange travel, if needed?
You are responsible for the cost of any travel arrangements. If you need assistance with travel arraignments, flights, hotels, car rentals, restaurants, please contact our concierge department at 888-202-0128.
10. Are meals provided?
Yes, breakfast and / or lunch will be provided. Your meal preferences will be requested when your appointment is scheduled.
11. Will my doctor receive the results?
Yes, you will be asked to provide your doctor’s name and contact information when you arrive for your physical. Elitra Health will provide your doctor with a copy of your exam results.
12. Does Elitra help with any follow up needs after my physical?
Yes. Through our strategic alliance with Mount Sinai Health System, our concierge team will coordinate all follow up care and specialist referrals preferred appointments or with your local specialist as needed.
13. What do you do about false positives?
We do not see these too often. All results are read by board certified radiologists and physicians, and we often have more than one pair of doctor’s eyes on the results. If anything yields something questionable, we have been able to know if it is in fact a “false” positive or if it’s something that requires follow up evaluation. Since we’re not the treating facility, the patient can be put at ease that they will follow up with a specialist in that field for a second or third opinion and further evaluation. At that time is when the patient together with his or her medical team, will determine what next course of action would be.
14. Can I bring my spouse / family member / friend to sit with me?
Yes. They may come at the end of the visit to sit in on the review with the physician for a second set of ears on the results. We will tell the patient when to call / text their guest to head on over. We also offer couple packages, contact us to find out more.
15. How far out are you scheduling?
Typically, in the spring and summer months we schedule about 3-5 weeks out. From the end of August through February of the following year we schedule around 6-10 weeks out. If you are interested in the best executive physical available, contact us to schedule now!
Table of Contents
- How long does an Executive Physical typically take?
- What are the benefits of an executive physical over the annual exam provided by my doctor?
- Do I need to coordinate with or notify my health plan?
- What is included in my executive physical?
- Why Elitra Health?
- Where does the Executive Physical occur?
- What should I expect when I arrive?
- How do I schedule an appointment?
- Who should arrange travel, if needed?
- Are meals provided?
- Will my doctor receive the results?
- Does Elitra help with any follow up needs after my physical?
- What do you do about false positives?
- Can I bring someone to sit with me?
- How far out are you scheduling?
- I represent a company, do you offer corporate health packages?