Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long does an Executive Physical typically take?
2. What are the benefits of an executive physical over the annual wellbeing exam provided by my doctor?
Primary care providers do not offer the range of testing and services Elitra Health provide. Our exams include – advanced laboratories, advanced imaging, mammography, bone density, stress and anxiety assessments, nutrition consultation, exercise physiological consultation, neurological assessment, same day results, and much more.
At Elitra, patients have the opportunity to spend as much time as they need with our world class clinical team. We only schedule our physicians for 2-3 exams per day to ensure that every patient gets the time and attention they need from their physician team. Each patient meets with their MD early in the day to review history and for a complete physical and then again at the end of their day to review all results and recommendations.
Coordination of Care
At Elitra, we hand hold our patients and assist them with anything they need in following up on abnormalities and go as far as coordinating and scheduling appointments with top specialists when necessary. We have an alliance with Mount Sinai Health System and have access to their concierge scheduling division which gets us preferred and expedited access to their entire network of physicians. Additionally, we have many longstanding relationships with the NY Medical Community to provide preferred access to the top specialists in NYC when necessary.
Convenience and Efficiency
What we accomplish at Elitra in a single day would normally take 4+ appointments to complete if coordinated through the traditional health system AND we complete all our testing at a single location and during a single appointment which allows.
Same Day Results
Unlike a typical PCP and different than other executive exam centers, we believe that reviewing all results (including lab and radiology) right at the end of the exam with the physician provides the greatest impact and the best venue for questions and discussion. This is part of the extensive time we allow during our exams mentioned above.
3. Do I need to coordinate with or notify my health plan?
4. What tests/services are included in my executive physical?
• In-Depth Review of Medical and Family History
• Complete physical examination (90+ minutes with a physician)
• Skin Cancer and Dermatology Screening
• Audio, & Visual screenings
• Tonometry (glaucoma testing)
• Spirometry (pulmonary function testing)
• 12 Lead Resting EKG with interpretation
• Exercise cardiac stress test
• Coronary Calcium Scoring
• Advanced lab studies
• Prostate Specific Antigen (males 50+)
• Thyroid Function Test (50+)
• Stool examination for occult blood (colon cancer screen; 40 +)
• DEXA Scan: Bone density scanning
• DEXA Scan: Peripheral body fat analysis
• Mammography Pap Smear & HPV Screening (female)
• Nutritional consultation with registered dietician
• Immunization history review, Influenza vaccine, TDAP vaccine
• Exercise Physiologist – Fitness assessment with recommendations
• Digital Chest X-Ray- (if medically indicated)
• Multi-Page Narrative Report
Additional services available include – virtual colonoscopy, ultrasound, full body CT
scan, advanced genetic testing, sleep apnea screenings, travel immunizations, sex &
energy panels, and more.